Mediterranean Shrimp with Olives and Feta
Mediterranean Shrimp with Olives & Feta, AKA Garides Saganaki, is a classic dish that highlights everything we love about the Greek islands. This is summer in a dish.
You can use 10 Veggie or Creamy Basil Not Just Pasta Sauce here.
To quickly defrost frozen shrimp, place in a medium bowl under running water for 5-10 minutes until they are soft to touch and not hard in the center.
2 T extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 lb. extra large shrimp (21-25 count), peeled, deveined, patted dry, tails removed
3 medium cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 jar not just pasta sauce
1/3 cup coarsely chopped kalamata olives
1/4 cup coarsely chopped mint
1/3 cup crumbled feta
Toasted baguette to serve
Kosher salt and black pepper
In a medium bowl, season the shrimp with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Stir and cook until the shrimp are opaque on all sides, another 30 seconds. transfer to a medium bowl, wipe out the skillet, and set aside
- Add the remaining oil and garlic to the now empty skillet over medium heat, cook until the garlic begins to turn golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil until shimmering. add the shrimp in an even layer and cook without disturbing until golden brown on the bottoms, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the not just pasta sauce, reduce to medium-low and cook for about 5 minutes until slightly thickened and a spatula leaves a trail.
- Pull off heat and stir in the shrimp with any accumulated juices, half of the olives, and half of the mint. Season to taste.
- Top with the remaining olives and mint. Sprinkle with feta, drizzle with oil, and serve with toasted or broiled crostini.