topping bar highly suggested.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 12 oz. can white beans, drained
1 jar not just pasta sauce
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
kosher salt and pepper to taste
lime wedges, sour cream, shredded cheese, pickled jalapenos & tortilla chips to serve.
1. in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
2. add the turkey and 1/2 teaspoon salt and brown the meat, breaking up and stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
3. add the chili powder and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. stir in beans, and not just pasta sauce. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and let bubble gently for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. add more water, 1/2 cup at a time if mixture becomes too dry.
5. taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper if you like. stir in cilantro and serve with toppings.