rotisserie bird = easiest (and tastiest) enchiladas.
1 jar not just pasta sauce
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 or 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, chopped
3 cups shredded cooked chicken (from 1 rotisserie chicken)
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese (or a combination of the two)
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies, drained
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
10 small soft corn tortillas
sour cream, diced avocado, lime wedges, and hot sauce, for serving
1. adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees. grease a 9” x 13” glass baking dish with cooking oil spray or oil.
2. in a large measuring cup, combine sauce with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, and chipotle chili. Set aside.
3. in a large bowl combine chicken, 1½ cups of cheese, green chilies, cilantro, and ½ cup of sauce. season with salt and pepper.
3. wrap tortillas in paper towels and microwave on high until pliable, 40 to 60 seconds. place about 1/3 cup filling down the center of each tortilla. tightly roll the tortillas around the filling and place seam side down in prepared baking dish.
4. coat enchiladas with remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
5. cover with aluminum foil and bake until heated through 20 to 25 minutes. uncover and bake until cheese browns, about 5 more minutes.